10.25.2013

<Out of the City> Jeju Island.

Only an hour flight from either the small Gimpo Airport or the well-renowned Incheon International Airport, Jeju is the biggest island of South Korea and a current winner of the New7Wonders of Nature campaign.





A 'must-have' meal in Jeju is the black pig (흑돼지) barbecue. When I think of pigs, I think of Babe. Maybe I will visit a black pig farm on my next Jeju trip.

This savory, fruity broth-based cold noodle dish was quite different from any variations of Korean noodles I have ever tasted. Verdict: delectable.




There are countless touristy destinations in Jeju, but because life sucks and makes us hold jobs to earn money, we did not have time to visit everywhere. Nevertheless, here are some highlights from our trip:

<Cheon-Ji-Yeon Falls>



<OSulloc Tea Museum>







 <Seopjikoji 섭지코지>











While traversing around the island, you are bound to see some wind turbines.


It was an immense fun frolicking in the refreshingly vivid world of Jeju. I'm curious how it would look in the winter time, but for now, I leave you with this final sunset picture.



<photos by me>

No comments:

Post a Comment