10.18.2013

<Out of the City> Seong Bong Island: 승봉도.

This past August, I decided a getaway was a must for my sanity. Unfortunately, international flights during this time were ridiculously and ludicrously bank-breaking.


After calming my internal fury, I ultimately decided on a domestic trip to Seong Bong Island with my sister.

A while back, someone recommended this relatively unknown island to me.

My sister and I had to take a ferry departing from the Incheon Harbor for about two hours. I highly recommend booking ferry tickets in advance.


I got a kick out of watching seagulls drifting low by our ferry boat and eagerly gorging on the crackers and bread tossed by the fascinated passengers. I could have reached out and touched those greedy birds, but they looked a tad unsanitary.






Upon arrival, consuming a scrumptiously obese bowl of 바지락 칼국수 (hot clam noodle soup) with the beach front view was our number one priority. 

Our B&B/ lodging, locally known as a 'pension', was in need of MUCH thicker walls, but the owners were hospitable and even took us to the other side of the island for sightseeing.






I was enveloped in deafening calmness and serenity that evening. Truthfully, I missed the city's orchestra of din.

 The next morning, the sky broke loose its glory whilst my sister and I took a stroll. 






All things come to an end, and soon, it was time to board the ferry.

I hope the ever-so picturesque Seong Bong Island will not gain too much popularity. Its untainted and sparsely populated nature provides an honest tranquility that is hard to come by in our crazy world.

<photos by me> 

No comments:

Post a Comment