12.20.2013

<In the City> Introspection.

It is that time of the year when I halt mid-step, frozen, because I could feel the stirrings of disharmony.  

The feeling is not quite an eruption or a chaos or a turmoil. 
It is like roaming aimlessly until you come to realize that you are unsure of your whereabouts yet lack the proper methods to find your way home. 

You plant your feet on the ground, hoping that clicking your heels three times will bring answers to all your questions, take you back home, and tuck you under your covers, safe and sound.

The inevitable question of the holiday season: What have I done this year?

I immerse in this discomfiting question in a pleasurable way. What I have gained and lost, only I know in its entirety, and who is to say 'becoming better' has to be quantifiable?

Definitely not I.

Roam. Wonder. Dream. Repeat.


<photo by me>

No comments:

Post a Comment